Friday, December 7, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas} DIY Ornament Garland


Remember last year when I had more round ball ornaments than humanly necessary?  No?  Well I do.  I put them to good use by making an ornament wreath (which is proudly hanging from my front door right now).  Well, the ornament wreath put a dent in my collection, but what to do with the masses of round balls I have left (aside from hang them on a tree, which I don't have)?

Make ornament garland of course!  I made this garland to hang from my balcony ledge.  I just strung the ornaments in a semi consistent pattern, tied the ends of the cotton string to nails, and nailed the string to the brick and wood ledge.  I then covered the nail heads with wire ribbon bows.  Pretty easy, and didn't cost me a dime since I had it all on hand!



Some other bloggers with ornament garland to DIE for (much prettier, better tutorials, and more effort than mine!):


Left Row (Top to Bottom):

So now you're inspired and are getting ready to head out to the dollar store right?  I knew it!  Be sure to check back daily for holiday ideas and tips!  As a special treat to readers, I'm offering 10% off at my Etsy store, just use code HOLIDAY10 at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover