Tuesday, December 11, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas} Chicago at Christmas: CTA Holiday Train


One of my all-time favorite holiday books growing up was The Polar Express, a story about a young boy who takes a magical train ride to see Santa and the gift he receives.  I loved it, and always wanted to take such a train.  Alas, I never took the Polar Express, but if you’re in Chicago and are gunning for such an opportunity, check out the CTA’s Holiday Train.



I was lucky enough to catch this guy unexpectedly one day.  It was awesome.  It was like I hit the blue line jackpot; it sure beat sitting in a dingy old CTA train playing the game “name that smell/stain”.

If you’re interested click here to check out the train’s schedule.  A ride on the train costs $2.25.  The train runs now through December 22, so get a move on!


All images courtesy of Wikipedia
Be sure to check back daily for more holiday posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover