Saturday, December 15, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas} Chicago at Christmas: High Tea


As I sit here watching it rain and NOT snow outside, I’m going to once again suggest a fun thing to do at Christmas in Chicago.  Maybe it doesn't quite look or feel like Christmas in the city, but there are some things you can do to up your holiday cheer. 

Today I’m highlighting the Drake Hotel’s afternoon holiday tea.  I had the opportunity to go with my grandma a couple weeks ago, and very much enjoyed it.  While sipping on chocolate mint truffle tea, and nibbling an egg salad on brioche, I felt nothing short of English. All I needed was a proper English hat and the experience would have been complete (Kate Middleton, not Princess Beatrice style…)
So while the tea is not just a holiday event, it surely is something that is best experienced at Christmas time.

Source: emilia-jane.com

Source: emilia-jane.com

Source: emilia-jane.com

Source: Drake Hotel

The Deets:

Afternoon Tea takes place daily in the traditional Tea Lobby, featuring live harp music performed 365 days a year. Each seating lasts approximately an hour and a half and reservations are recommended.

Open Daily 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Address:
140 East Walton Place
Chicago, IL 60611

For more information call 312.787.2200 or visit The Drake Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover