Monday, December 3, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas} Burlap Framed Wreath



Framed wreaths are an adorable and simple way to make a big holiday statement, but what happens when you don't have any spare frames sitting around (and you don't want to take the bus to Goodwill to hunt for one...)?

The solution: Cover one of your art pieces with burlap and hang away!  Obviously this isn't a problem if you have simple glass frames with removable backing, however all of my art pieces have paper backing, and I don't even want to go there....

Materials Needed:
-Wreath
-Artwork/Picture Frame to be temporarily covered
-Burlap
-String, Jute Rope, Ribbon, etc. for hanging the wreath
-Removable Sticky Tack

Steps:
1. Measure frame and cut burlap to size






2. Apply small pieces of sticky tack all over the artwork, then apply cut piece of burlap to the top.
3. Using Ribbon or Twine, hang the wreath from the frame (I tied mine to the metal wirehanger on the back of my frame)

4.  Optional: Add pretty burlap bow/detail : )
The finished product:

Does the wreath look familiar?  It was the discarded wreath from my ornament wreath project


This project takes less than 10 minutes to complete, and looks perfect on a shelf or mantel! Even better, as soon as the holiday season is over, all I have to do is remove the sticky tack and I have my old artwork back.  Easy Peasy. No storage hassle! Be sure to check back daily for more holiday tips and inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover