Sunday, November 4, 2012

Go Go Juice

October is officially over, so now is the time to post all of the awesome things I have been up to over the past month!  This post is going to be pretty long short since....I haven't been up to a whole lot.  My daily routine consisted of:
  1. Wake up, make coffee with ID Pumpkin Creamer (my new sugary addiction)
  2. Job Search...I am officially a licensed IL PA ....all together now: WOO HOO...now must find job....
  3. Watch horror movies till my butt goes numb or the clock reads 4:30am....
  4. Repeat
So, now that you feel much better about yourself as your life is obviously way cooler than mine, let me proceed. I had a small get together the weekend before Halloween, so it was last minute scrambling for Halloween decor, costumes, and appetizers/cocktails.
  • Decor: I am blessed with a City Target across the street, thus I made my way on over to the dollar bin, picked up 3 foam pumpkins and a metal pumpkin tin.  A little bedazzling, tacking, and glittering...and voila!  Decorations, complete.
  • Cocktails: A Halloween party is not complete without a spiked spiced cider! I modified this recipe from Real Simple, to make half a gallon of cider.  Deeeeelish is the only descriptive I can come up with!
  • Costume:  I mean obviously I was Honey Boo Boo for Halloween (very original, I know).  I just love her and her dysfunctional family.  She reminds me of myself when I was little....and sometimes of myself right now...minus the sketti...pageants...couponing....and forklift foot.

I partied with a Peacock (the tail look familiar?  I made it a few years ago...), Pee Wee Herman, the cat's pajamas, a zz top bearded man, and a slew of other characters. All in all, Halloween was a success, but let's hope November is a little more productive.


Be sure to vote on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover