Saturday, January 21, 2012

The leaning tower of...cupcakes!

Today's tutorial:  Fine china (or cheap and thrifty) cupcake tower




The Inspiration:


A longggg time ago I saw this beauty at Anthropologie...and made a note in my head...HEY that would be pretty easy to make.  I make a lot of notes in my head...usually they are pretty dumb...like "go home and google what "squares, squares, squares on deck" means.  BTW if you know what it means, let me know.

Anywho, for some reason unbeknownst to me, the cake stand popped back into my head a few months ago, and I got to cracking on this project.  I googled the stand, and found that Ms. Rachelle over at Adventures in Creating had a great tutorial on how to create said cake stand.

I think I can spare you the deets on how to do this one, Ms. Rachelle has it covered.  I used my trusty E6000 glue, not superglue.  As you can see, I also used fine china...purchased at my favorite thrift store for $15/set ( dinner plates, bread plates, teacups, saucers, sugar bowl, serving bowls...).  Needless to say, I was thrilled with my purchase.  I have already made 2 stands, and can make at least 2 more, plus a couple of simple cake stands....cheap and easy, just like......watch yourself.

The options really are endless; other table eye candy pieces to consider are:

Every cupcake deserves its own stand!    



See this table?  EVERYTHING on this table is DIYable.  So the next party you throw better be -PHENOM- or else I'm leaving, and taking my cupcakes with me.

Loves this one!  (Happy Birthday Mom(s))!  You can easily recreate this stand using some ribbon,  plastic platters, candelabras, glue, and spray paint.
Ok...so the title of this blog is a little misleading I guess....cause my cupcake tower is not leaning.  But hey, who doesn't love a play on words? Anyways, I have some cupcakes to go bake. I hope you have just as much excitement awaiting you!  Have a great weekend my fellow DIYers : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover