Thursday, January 5, 2012

Adios 2011!

IT'S 2012!!!! Can you believe it???  I'm over halfway done with rotations, I'll be graduating this year, and with some luck will be a practicing PA before the end of the year.....that's crazy talk!  Thus far, I've completed internal medicine, OB/Gyn, Family Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Psychiatry, and General Surgery.  I definitely liked some rotations more than others, but each brought a new experience to the table. With the new year, I resolve to make the best of every experience at the hospital, good or bad. Oh, and I also resolve to lose 100 pounds since it seems everyone got engaged over the holidays...and I don't want to be eternalized in wedding pictures as the chunkster freckled friend.

Since I haven't posted in over a month, let me do a quick little synopsis of December:

  • I finished General Surgery.  The 4:30 hospital arrival times.....confirmed my suspicion that I am most definitely NOT  a morning person.  I did 2 weeks in general surgery, and two weeks in surgical oncology.  I LOVED surgical oncology, which seems somewhat morbid, but it was during this time that I met some of the most optimistic and wonderful patients. 

  • Grams came to visit me in the city.  We went to the walnut room and enjoyed some frango mint pie.  See where I get my good looks from?

  • Christmas came and went!  I tried my best to decorate for the holidays, but with a small apartment and even smaller budget it isn't easy!  Here are two very simple decorating ideas for the holidays:
 I used old painted IKEA mirrors I hoarded away after college.  The same style of mirror is available at Michaels or any craft store.  Pretty simple, just hot/super glue shatterproof ornaments to the frame of the mirror, and hang.  These look great when arranged in a row of 3, 2x2, 3x2, etc.


As cheap as you can get?  Cut wrapping paper into Christmas shapes and put them in your favorite picture frame.  These two frames have been sitting unused on my shelf for the past 6 months.  They didn't even have the original pictures of random people that come with the frames...so the wrapping paper is a step up.  You better believe I plan to do this for every holiday.
  • Finally, NEW YEARS!  No, we didn't go to any super fab hotel parties this year.  Instead we spent the evening with an amazing group of friends.  

    • I went shopping for NYE dresses...bought four....had buyers remorse....ended up wearing an old dress.

NYE 50 floors up <3


    •  I made these cute little red velvet cupcakes with toppers made from garland and wire.  Super easy, and super cheap!

How were your holidays?  I hope they were as great as mine : )  Bring on 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover