Sunday, November 20, 2011

Welcome wagon

5 rotations down....6 to go!  I just finished my psychiatric rotation at Cook County...and can you believe it?  I liked it!  My entire life I've only had the opportunity to question my own sanity...so it was fun getting to question someone else's! I interviewed some interesting characters, but their stories may be a little too racy for my rated G blog, so I'll just leave it at that.

A month ago I mentioned my sister was here for the marathon, and I never got around to writing about some of the fun things we did.  Better late than never right?

First off, let me share a story of the past.  My sister does not visit Chicago all that often, so when she does I want to make it memorable.  The last time she visited we went for rooftop cocktails and had late night tacos.  At the end of the night, I made up a bed for her on the futon, then it was off to sleep.  It was so cute in the morning, Rishi my little grey kitten was snuggled up next to Erin (my sister)....however....wait for it....she awakens to discover he peed all over her. I mean really, who doesn't love the smell of male cat urine. Needless to say, I had to redeem myself (I can't speak for Rishi).

So, I was determined to have a nice bed for her this time.  I browsed amazon and picked out the perfect air mattress.  The one I decided on looked better than my own bed.  Queen sized, padded top, built in pump, and my sister was going to be the first one to try this baby out.  Once again, we blew up the bed, put some sheets on, and hit the hay.
Can you believe it deflated over night?  I really need to work on this hospitality thing.

Luckily I was able to make up for the bed situation.  Ever wondered what to do with all of those hotel shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc?  I look like a hoarder with the bins and bins of sample sized junk I own.  To put these to good use, I made a care basket.



This how-to is pretty self explanatory. Get a tray, basket, bag, etc. and fill it with little personal care toiletries intended for your guest. The basket really makes your guest feel like they're at their own personal suite.  Okay maybe not...but it does give your guest little warm fuzzy feelings.



All in all, the visit was a lot of fun.  Here are some photo recaps:


View from the Willis Tower Skydeck
Let's play: Wheres Erin?

Erin doing awesome at mile 12

3D TRex movie at the Field Museum

Mom + Erin outside of the Field Museum


Come back soon, I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover